Can you live with a Chromebook?

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
There has been some debate about Chromebooks since their inception, and I'd love to get some feedback on what you guys think about these cheap little laptops.

Advantages:

• Fast Bootup
  • Doesn't slow down over time
  • Stuff is backup in the cloud, accessible anywhere
  • Secure
  • Cheap

Disadvantages:
  • Requires searching for alternatives for major software
  • Limited to Chrome Store
  • Not much physical storage

What's your stance?

Hronk

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I think I'd much rather have a tablet, even in that space there are a lot more alternatives to desktop software. I think a Chromebook would be far to limited for what I do, and extremely so when it comes to Media Production.

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
Pulled as in not being on sale anymore?
Sorry, the end of that sentence is a link, I'm working on changing the colour for it.

Edit: Fixed

antpower

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I think a Chromebook could still be usefull for everyday tasks. Things like writing a quick text, looking through emails
or searching something on the internet, but then with a notebook-feel to it. (like physical keys)
It's one of those things for people who don't need high quality computers for their everyday work.

Reactions
26 0 0
To be honest I'd rather have a full fledged laptop. Not saying the Chromebook is bad, it just doesn't seem to suit my needs. If I was to get another Laptop I'd wipe Windows off it and put Linux (Ubuntu) in its place.

antpower

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
To be honest I'd rather have a full fledged laptop. Not saying the Chromebook is bad, it just doesn't seem to suit my needs. If I was to get another Laptop I'd wipe Windows off it and put Linux (Ubuntu) in its place.
Wouldn't suit mine either, since I use a lot of programs that aren't even on it.
But for certain people who don't use much resources on their pc anyways, and just start their pc to check some mails and surf a bit it would be perfect.

Reactions
26 0 0
Wouldn't suit mine either, since I use a lot of programs that aren't even on it.
But for certain people who don't use much resources on their pc anyways, and just start their pc to check some mails and surf a bit it would be perfect.
It would :relaxed: