Best Console Game of All Time?

Duncan

Administrator
What's you favourite console game of all time?

One you can play over and over and never get bored?

I'm thinking Sonic 2 for retro, and Burnout 3 for more modern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really loved the Hitman: Blood Money game on PS2 for some reason just something I played over & over trying to beat each mission in a different way & NBA Live 2006 I spent way too much time playing well into 08/09 just cause I enjoyed the game so much.

OP
Duncan

Duncan

Administrator
For me it has to be Oddworld Abe's Odyssey for Playstation One. The depth and level of detail was so ahead of its time. Still looks good and massively playable now, 18 years later :anguished:. Official Game Pag

For those who want to try this game, there's a remake available on PS4 now and Feb 25th for PC, Mac and Linux. - http://www.oddworld.com/oddworldgames/new-n-tasty/
Love the humour in the Oddworld series, both Odyssey and Exodus. Think I found Exodus more fun to play though on the whole.

I remember the horrid loading times on Playstation Though, much faster on PC though, got this on steam :smiley:

jake12001200

Expert
Tie between Star Wars Battefront 2 and Ratchet and Clank 2 (Both PS2 versions). There is so much play time for Ratchet and Clank in terms of the plot for all the games. Over 15 hours in each!

SWB2 I must have sunk a few thousand hours in over the years. Another amazing game with phenomenal re-playability.

Love the humour in the Oddworld series, both Odyssey and Exodus. Think I found Exodus more fun to play though on the whole.

I remember the horrid loading times on Playstation Though, much faster on PC though, got this on steam :smile:
Yeah, great sequel. The addition of laughing gas was a good one. Made it tricky at times though.

matt112234

Professional
Tie between Star Wars Battefront 2 and Ratchet and Clank 2 (Both PS2 versions). There is so much play time for Ratchet and Clank in terms of the plot for all the games. Over 15 hours in each!

SWB2 I must have sunk a few thousand hours in over the years. Another amazing game with phenomenal re-playability.
Completely agree with you in saying star wars battlefront 2. I used to spend days and days just playing that over and over again.

However my favourite console game has to be one of the original Playstation crash bandicoot games such as Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash. They are all a tie for me really but if I had to pick I'd probably pick Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

jake12001200

Expert
Completely agree with you in saying star wars battlefront 2. I used to spend days and days just playing that over and over again.
I bought the PC version on steam a while ago and I have been playing that A LOT recently. It's worth the money for that alternate experience that you get from it, and considering my original disc has stopped working (my PS2 works fine), it has been great fun to dive back into the game.

You hyped up for Battlefront 3?

illage2

Expert
I bought the PC version on steam a while ago and I have been playing that A LOT recently. It's worth the money for that alternate experience that you get from it, and considering my original disc has stopped working (my PS2 works fine), it has been great fun to dive back into the game.

You hyped up for Battlefront 3?
Nope! EA and Disney ...... something doesn't sit right. All I want is Battlefield 4 with Star Wars stuff if it ain't that then I'll never get hyped for it.

Gekz

Guru
Nope! EA and Disney ...... something doesn't sit right. All I want is Battlefield 4 with Star Wars stuff if it ain't that then I'll never get hyped for it.
BF4 with Star Wars stuff...

So what you are saying is you want an awful game? I hope they don't go down that route. BF(4): Hardline is a prime example of how messed up it can get.