"Battle.net" to be renamed to "Blizzard Tech"

Duncan

Administrator
Battle.net has been around for a long time, especially with games such as World of Warcraft, and apparently Blizzard have decided to have a change.

Over the next coming months it will be called "Blizzard Tech"

Is it me or does this sound like a computer shop? :confused:

Lockdown345

Master
Lame. Not a good move Blizzard.

Sonark

Administrator
Over the next coming months it will be called "Blizzard Tech"
From what I've read, only PCGamer and a few dotted sites seem to be saying it'll be called Blizzard Tech, but it will use the new naming convention they've come up with which is just putting "Blizzard" infront of everything, such as the new "Blizzard Streaming". From what I can see Blizzard themself haven't said that they are going to be calling it Blizzard Tech unless I'm missing something but everyone else seems to think that this is the new name?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20297652/battlenet-update-9-21-2016 said:
Battle.net technology will continue to serve as the central nervous system for Blizzard games—nothing is changing in that regard. We'll just be referring to our various products and services using the Blizzard name instead. You've already seen this recently with things like "Blizzard Streaming" and "Blizzard Voice," and more changes are on the way.
All I know is I'm probably still going to call it Battle.Net :smiley:

Last edited: