AVG Poor Quality

Reactions
0 0 0
Hi everyone, I'm just here to ask what you think of AVG? I thikn it's poor quality, and I even had the Internet Security version, it is, sorry, WAS (I have removed it now) a memory hog, it never detected any viruses, I know that sounds good but how can it NEVER pick up a virus, NEVER, my computer is now screwed up (sorry if that is counted as a bad word) but my computer is now messed up, I can no longer remove files via appwiz.cpl (Programs & Features), the LinkScanner only works on IE...And let's face it, who wants IE? Whenever the scan was run it lagged the whole system due to the amount of memory it was taking up, and I now fear my computer is rendered useless, not being able to do multiple things, and it wasn't like this before, so it's most likely a virus seeing as I get no registry errors, so I blame AVG. I'm just warning all you guys, that sometimes free anti-viruses (Such as antivir) are better than costly ones (Such as AVG) so if you have AVG, I suggest you switch away from it, or if you want to stay around, increase your protection somehow. If someone would like to counter this statement by all means try to, but I have proof that my system was not like this, and that there's no register errors. Also if someone knows how the fix my error (So that I can remove programs etc from appwiz.cpl) please tell me.

Reactions
0 0 0
try avast home edition it's free , you need to register for a free registration key
if doesn't work backup your data and do a complete format and reinstall windows
that's the only way to get completly rid of it

Reactions
0 0 0
szabo.tihamer link said:
try avast home edition it's free , you need to register for a free registration key
if doesn't work backup your data and do a complete format and reinstall windows
that's the only way to get completly rid of it
I don't overly mind it's just I really hate AVG now because in a way it's AVG's fault. And I'm not reinstalling windows vista AGAIN, because that will be the 5 effing time I'dve had to do it.

Reactions
0 0 0
I recommend Avira Anti-vir for a free but if you want a paid very good internet security i recommend Nod-32 or the new Norton Internet Security 2010

Hope this Helps  ;D

Reactions
0 0 0
I think you should use NOD32 or Avira. AVG is maybe my 3rd to last choice now!