Ares- The Alternative To LimeWire!

Reactions
0 0 0
Ares 2.0.9.3030

From Wikipedia
Ares Galaxy is an open source peer-to-peer file sharing application that uses its own decentralized supernode/leaf network. It was spun-off from the Gnutella network in 2002, and is currently hosted on SourceForge.net. Ares Galaxy has a simple, quick access interface with a built in audio/video viewer. The latest versions also support the BitTorrent protocol and Shoutcast radio stations.​

Ares is a fantastic alternative to limewire and is as easy if not easyer to use than Limewire.

You may think Limewire has the most results downloads etc:S However Ares is fantastic for Results and i almost guarentee you will find what you need. It also has a built-in web browser!

Download Holds:

Limewire: 4.67MB
Ares:1.42MB

So Its Up Ares!

Features:

In Built Torrent Client

built-in directshow media player

connected to TCP supernode/leaf network

a powerful library manager

shoutcast radio support

host p2p Chatrooms

Download: http://www.brothersoft.com/ares-16309.html

ScreenShots:

Overral id say its much better than limewire and id give it a 
[move][shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]
8 OUT OF TEN
[/glow][/shadow][/move]

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
This is what I dont uderstand, How come that peer to peer is legal, Yet police is cracking down on people using limewire?

T

TomDWC

Great review. Looking forward to trying this out.  :relaxed:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what I dont uderstand, How come that peer to peer is legal, Yet police is cracking down on people using limewire?
It's only illegal if you use it to download copyrighted material.

So say I made a short film in movie maker and uploaded it, and a friend downloaded it, that would be legal.

If I downloaded songs off the new Nickelback album then that's of course illegal.

Owning LimeWire itself is not illegal, but now when you install it you have to tick a box that says you won't use it for copyright infringement... right okay.

It used to have the option "I MIGHT use LimeWire for copyright infringement" lol.

Reactions
0 0 0
SuperCompTV link said:
Is that legal?
The program itself is completely legal, well at least in the U.S. I don't know what laws there are regarding it in your country. The thing is, with any P2P client, the things you download may not be legal.