are you worried

jake12001200

Expert
It's something that will die out quickly I think, people have been put in prison for making false claims - however I am a bit worried that people won't stop until it's too late, aka someone gets hurt/killed

Duncan

Administrator
In my opinion this is a form of terrorism, and I hope that offenders are found and served a maximum sentence.

As long as it can be done it will be done.

InsaneMatt

Expert
The fact of the matter, calling in a false bomb scare is considered a terrorist threat.
I'd argue that calling heavily-armed police officers to a false call should also be considered a terrorist threat, or at the very least a very serious crime (heavily fined & loads of community service or jail time).

While 'SWATTING' isn't really a thing here in England, so doesn't affect me or anyone in the 'streaming' business in this country, it's still something that needs to be stamped out.
From what I've heard, protocol for SWAT is to KILL any dog on site; regardless of it being a threat or not. This is terrible, especially if the person who called in the 'threat' knew this ahead of time.

Let's not even get into the cost of each SWAT call, or the fact an entire neighbourhood is uprooted for several hours "for security".

AppleHead493

Professional
While i'll second Matts post about it being practically unheard of over here in the UK, I find it quite pathetic and sad that someone will consider calling in a fake report and get the bomb squad out. You really have to have no life to do that =/

illage2

Expert
does anyone else think swatting is becoming an epidemic
Doubt it will, while its unheard of in the UK (YET) its pathetic that someone would call in a fake report. All it takes is for a cop to have an itchy trigger finger and someone gets hurt or even worse killed.

It might not have happened in the UK yet, but there's nothing to stop anyone from calling in a fake report to get armed officers on the scene.

Sonark

Administrator
Doubt it will, while its unheard of in the UK (YET) its pathetic that someone would call in a fake report. All it takes is for a cop to have an itchy trigger finger and someone gets hurt or even worse killed.

It might not have happened in the UK yet, but there's nothing to stop anyone from calling in a fake report to get armed officers on the scene.
Not exactly true, there have been some reports of swatting happening in the UK, here is one of them which I've heard about:

Not sure if there's been more, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were.

illage2

Expert
Not exactly true, there have been some reports of swatting happening in the UK, here is one of them which I've heard about:

Not sure if there's been more, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were.
O_O I wasn't aware it was a thing in the UK.