Apple specific RAM?

Reactions
26 0 0
I watched a Youtube video recently by an apple certified techinican, and he said that "There is no such thing as apple specific RAM".
It seems that Apple want you to buy thier RAM. At the end of the day RAM is RAM, as long as it fits and is the right speed for the machine it can be used.

Because of this new story, I might try and buy cheaper RAM for my eMac. So I can save some money.

You don't need apple specific RAM if you want too add more RAM to your Apple computer.

Reactions
33 2 0
I Didnt No That Thanks Man!

When I Get A Mac Just Like Thanks!

Wow Though You Would Have To Have Apple Dedicated RAM?

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
Of course, just because Apple have it on their website, doesn't mean you have to buy that RAM. Its not "Apple RAM", its just a memory module.

Although some of the latest macs have DDR3 PC3-8500 sticks or similar, you can still buy them on things like crucial (thats where i got mine :relaxed: )

Reactions
26 0 0
Duncan link said:
Of course, just because Apple have it on their website, doesn't mean you have to buy that RAM. Its not "Apple RAM", its just a memory module.

Although some of the latest macs have DDR3 PC3-8500 sticks or similar, you can still buy them on things like crucial (thats where i got mine :relaxed: )
I couldn't have said it better myself.
I don't believe in making people pay more money than they should.

Reactions
0 0 0
Apple just didn't want you to go to a website like crucial.com. But I think that they got like faster ram modules but that doesn't make any difference to me.  :wink: