Annoying Terms Message. PLEASE HELP!!

Sakotius

Professional
Ok so i have had my laptop a while now. I got it from my school as they were getting new ones. Everytime i start it up, Before the welcome screen comes on a dialog box shows up saying "do you agree with the terms below" and then ots of terms and then an "OK" button. Does anybody know a way to get rid of this.

Thanks In Advance

M

M0nk3h

Hmm could you post a screenshot? Btw your lucky, only special people who learn at this place called LSU (Learning Support Unit) in school get free laptops, lol

OwlOwl

Expert
Typical with school laptops. You'll need to reinstall the OS to remove any restrictions set by your school.

CamSox

Guru
Sound like interactive logon message.

Goto Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy
in the left panel expand "Local Policies" then highlight "Security Options"
now in the right pane there should be an option "Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on"
see if that is enabled and also the option underneath that one that says "Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on" if they are then disable them.

Regards

CamSox.

OP
Sakotius

Sakotius

Professional
CamSox link said:
Sound like interactive logon message.

Goto Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy
in the left panel expand "Local Policies" then highlight "Security Options"
now in the right pane there should be an option "Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on"
see if that is enabled and also the option underneath that one that says "Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on" if they are then disable them.

Regards

CamSox.
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Thanks a lot this worked a treat. I just followed your steps and then no more message. Thanks a lot :smiley: