Adblock Plus "Acceptable Ads"

Duncan

Administrator
For those of you using Adblock Plus, you'll likely start seeing more Ads in your browsing.

ABP will be charging people to "whitelist" their ads in the program, as long as they pass their "Acceptable Ads" Program which bases the ad on the following:

• Position
  • Size
  • Distinction
This feature can be disabled by users in the extension, and will "provide a viable source of revenue for ABP"

More info: https://adblockplus.org/acceptable-ads

Personally, I think this is a massively clever idea, but ethically questionable, but then if you think about it, so is blocking ads in the first place!

Thoughts?

Lockdown345

Master
So, I've personally been an AdBlocker since it come out. Yes I'm Guilty.

Here is why. As soon as I open an Internet Explorer Window then navigate to a site. Ad, ad, ad, ad, popup. This really ruins my experience with browsing the Internet.

Now I appreciate supporting the user and their content. This is why I don't run it on YouTube but the non-skippable ads make me want to turn it on I have to say!!!

I like this new idea from Adblock and I'll give it a try. But I can see companies abusing this by paying lots of money to have there crap ads shown anyway and this makes me sceptical about this idea from AdBlock anyway.

So I'm in the middle and need to try this out before my next response to this post.

_CameronL_

Professional
Hate when adblock blocks out the ads where it's telling that hot single mums want me just 3 meters away

Zaf

Trainee
Funny how you need a completely different Ad Blocker to run on top of AdBlock Plus to block "Acceptable Ads"