A Multiple Desktop Application for Windows

Reactions
0 0 0
This is a clip of YODM (an application that allows you to dynamically have 4 desktops)

This software isnt very usful for me, although it does look very cool!

The only useful thing i can think of for using this is you could be listening to music in one desktop, and maybe text editing in another, without the clutter of windows on your taskbar. I could also imagin it being usful for video editing.

It is very easy to use/install. And again with my dynamic background topic Ive forgotten where I got it from!

Maybe when I get a new mic i will post tutorials on how to use and install this software. (Although it isnt exactly rocket science).

For now there are many useful tutorials on youtube for it.

(And sorry about the recording quallity, it gets a bit glitchy about half way through but its all good :P )

Reactions
0 0 0
Re: A Multipul Desktop Application for Windows

Pretty cool! And btw, isn't it annoying to have 1million desktop shortcuts?

Reactions
0 0 0
Re: A Multipul Desktop Application for Windows

I used to have YODM, but I didn't see much use for it except for eye candy, just like Flip-3D on Vista

Temperance

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
I use this when I'm running XP. It's not that memory intensive btw, I think it sits at around 35MB of RAM.

Reactions
0 0 0
I'll definitely have to check this out, this reminds me of compiz fusion for Linux

Reactions
0 0 0
i delete all of my shortcuts. I worked out thats why they have the stART MENU.

Reactions
0 0 0
Is that even his desktop? If it is then holy crap.. you've got 4 shortcut's for Steam alone :P Oh and yeah looks cool, as mentioned like some of the compiz fusion effects. Which leaves me thinking, why do you guys care so much about customizing Windows, why not just use a Linux distro like Ubuntu and struggle 100% less?!?!

G

Expert
Reactions
0 0 0
Ive got a program called shock4way3d it is free and does a very similar job to YODM,
does anyone else have or use it?

Temperance

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
waRsome link said:
Is that even his desktop? If it is then holy crap.. you've got 4 shortcut's for Steam alone :P Oh and yeah looks cool, as mentioned like some of the compiz fusion effects. Which leaves me thinking, why do you guys care so much about customizing Windows, why not just use a Linux distro like Ubuntu and struggle 100% less?!?!
I use Ubuntu but I have to use XP for some specific programs, so I like it to look the same when I'm using it.

The

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Just installed it. Looks cool and doesn't slow down my computer.
But does anyone know how to make it so the icons on one desktop don't delete when I delete them in another desktop?