5:4 aspect ratio for gaming? (with 1280x1024 screen resolution)

3T

Reactions
0 0 0
Hi.

I've finally had it with PC gaming - the developers just don't make the effort with the games anymore and the majority are just straight ports from the consoles.

With this in mind, I've decided to buy another 360, I miss the community and the elite is now a fairly reasonable price.

I don't want to use my PC monitor though, I'd rather go back to having two seperate screens as I had a few years ago. My PC monitor is a 23" 1920x1080 16:9 screen.

I've been looking for a cheaper HDMI compatible screen to use with the 360, as I don't want it to outshine my PC monitor, which I use for movies etc with 5.1 sound.

this brings me to this -

http://tinyurl.com/yjkctwr

I'm not bothered about the poor sound because I'll buy a 2.1 set for it, but it uses the 5:4 aspect ratio. Remember that I'm not planning to use it as a TV so bars for that doesn't bother me, but would there be any bars (just out of interest) and most importantly, how well will it fare connected to a 360? Will it fill the screen?

I'm a little worried about investing in it at the moment because I don't want to ruin my christmas day lol.

Any help here will be much appriciated.

Reactions
0 0 0
I used a 360 hooked up via VGA to a 1280x1024 monitor and it ran perfectly fine. There were black bars only when playing games that don't support the standard aspect ratio, such as Forza 2, which also had the same problem on a 4:3 1024x768 monitor. For the most part, there shouldn't be any problems with black bars in the 5:3 aspect ratio.

Reactions
33 2 0
Hmm well I get what your saying about the PC gaming I would like to add another thing if you don't mind.

Newer games are now like 15GB in size alone and reqiure 1GB of RAM I prefer the Xbox 360 for this reason that's my opinion dude.

Also thanks for sharing your thoughts