4 GB Pendrive as RAM?

Reactions
0 0 0
Recently I found a YouTube video that sounded : Make your pendrive as RAM!

I don't quite believe it as where got such things? Can you all tell me whether is this possible to do so... ?

Bkil

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
The money it costs to buy this, would be enough to get yourself RAM which would help you more.

Bkil

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Who only leaves there computer on for 4 hours, mine is on for days at a time. RAM would help you more anyway, flash isn't as fast as RAM.

3T

Reactions
0 0 0
I agree with Bkil, if you can get more RAM then get it, the whole flashdrive thingy wasn't helped by Microsoft endorsing readyboost. It's not worth it. RAM is around the same price as a decent flash drive, too.

GreedyLlama

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
eBoostr is really for people with old computers using XP.  It helps me because I am about to scrap my old PC with its old hardware.  You can use up to 4 pendrives but do select for speed.  You also need USB2 ports it will not work with USB1.  The list price for a stick is about the same as real RAM but there are sales and special offers so if you decide to use eBoostr, look for pendrive bargains.  Yes, you do have to do a restart after 4 hours but that does not take long.  With Vista, it is different, you plug in, select to use as RAM and start using.

Reactions
22 1 0
Windows Vista and Windows Seven have built-in tools to use your USB Flash Pens as "external RAM" as it were.
Does it help? That depends on what you're planning to do, and at most you will rarely notice a difference.

Your best bet is to upgrade your RAM instead. Also remember that more RAM doesn't mean a quicker system!

Reactions
26 0 0
Yeah it's possible. If your on Vista there is something called "Windows ready boost" and it's a free application to use your Flash drive as RAM.